Providers' Quick Guide
Heart and vascular screenings
To refer a patient
Address: Goshen Hospital, 200 High Park Ave, Goshen, IN 46526 Map
Phone: (574) 364-2400
Fax: (574) 364-2410
Scheduling hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 12 noon, 1-4 p.m.
Goshen Health Heart & Vascular screenings are a set of four screenings to evaluate your patient’s heart and circulation — and they are FREE.
Preventive screenings in one package
- Abdominal aortic ultrasound
- Ankle-brachial index (ABI)
- Carotid artery ultrasound
These screenings involve more than blood pressure and heart rate. They evaluate how well the heart functions, including its rhythm, blood flow and circulation throughout the body. These simple, painless tests help detect problems early – before symptoms appear. And with early diagnosis, we have more options for treatment to keep heart and blood vessels healthy.
Candidates for heart and vascular screenings
If your patient’s results show they are at risk for heart or vascular disease, our highly trained team works with you to develop a treatment plan to lower the patient’s risk of heart attack, stroke, abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) and peripheral arterial disease (PAD) to the legs and feet.
- Over 65 years of age
- Or 50-64 years of age with at least 1 risk factor
- Or under 50 years of age with diabetes or tobacco use and at least one different risk factor
- History of tobacco use
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Family history of heart disease
- History of claudication, pain with walking or exertion or other non-joint-related symptoms in lower extremities
- Impaired walking function
- Leg pain at rest
- Abnormal lower extremity pulse examination
- Vascular bruit or increased sound in the artery
- Non-healing leg or foot wound
- Gangrene in leg or foot
- Renal (kidney) insufficiency/failure