How to live a healthy lifestyle, one step at a time
Maintaining proper nutrition, exercising regularly and managing stress can seem like a lot to manage at once. Healthy living doesn’t have to be a task. Goshen Health provides the necessary support and services to help families lead a healthy lifestyle in our community.
With free preventive health screenings, we’re here to keep you one step ahead in living an active, healthy life.
All the reasons to embrace a healthy life
Maybe you want to lose weight, improve your mood or have more energy throughout the day. Good nutrition and regular exercise are the foundation to looking and feeling good. Not to mention, leading a healthy lifestyle lowers the risk for weight and nutrition-related diseases, such as Type 2 diabetes, obesity and childhood obesity.
If you’re new to living a healthy lifestyle, start with these small changes:
- Add healthy foods to your diet, instead of eliminating unhealthy ones.
- Eat a diet mostly of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and protein.
- Choose low fat or nonfat dairy products.
- Sleep 7 to 9 hours each night.
- Manage stress, such as practicing relaxation techniques.
- Start exercising for 20 minutes, three times a week.
- Try alternative exercises to vary your workout routine.
We don’t want you to wait for symptoms to arise. That’s why we offer a variety of services, many of them free, to keep on you on top of your health. Staying healthy and well is more cost-effective and helps you better manage illnesses in the early, more treatable stages.
Goshen Health services encompass:
Don’t wait to be proactive about your health.
Goshen Health helps you live a healthy life in Goshen, IN, with support, screenings and fitness.